Christina D. Cress, Senior Associate
- University of North Carolina School of Law, J.D., 2013
- University of Florida, M.A., 2010
- University of Florida, B.S., 2010
- North Carolina Bar
- Member, Administrative Law Section Council, North Carolina Bar Association (term exp. June 2020)
- District 15B Volunteer Guardian ad Litem, 2011-2018
* CV, BV and AV are registered certification marks of Reed Elsevier Properties Inc., used in accordance with the Martindale-Hubbell® certification procedure’s standards and policies.
Originally from small town Florida, Christina fell in love with North Carolina when she moved to Chapel Hill in 2010 to attend law school at the University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill. Save for traveling, she hasn’t left the state since. Before law school, Ms. Cress graduated from the University of Florida with a bachelor’s degree in Business Administration and a Master of Arts in International Business.
Immediately prior to joining Nichols, Choi & Lee, PLLC, Ms. Cress served as a Staff Attorney at the North Carolina Utilities Commission, where she spent the majority of her time advising the Commission regarding the implementation of regulatory structures to govern new State energy programs created by the passage of House Bill 589 (S.L. 2017-192), "Competitive Energy Solutions for NC."
Before joining Commission Staff, Ms. Cress served as in-house counsel to the North Carolina Board of Funeral Service and, for a time, the Interim Executive Director. At the Board, she prosecuted alleged violations of the Board’s Practice Act, advised the Board on compliance with State and federal law, and served as the Board’s Ethics Liaison, Rulemaking Coordinator, Records Custodian, and Legislative Liaison.
Immediately after law school, Ms. Cress spent her first two years in practice defending insurance companies and their insured clients from a variety of civil litigation claims. During this time, she single-chaired a three-day Wake County Superior Court jury trial, seven District Court bench trials, and litigated numerous cases from the pleadings phase through adjudication or settlement.
Outside of the office, Christina usually is immersed in reading for her book club or playing with her rescue dog, George the beagle mix.