- Campbell University School of Law, J.D., 1994
- University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill, B.A., 1990
- North Carolina State Bar
- Eastern District of North Carolina, U.S. District Court
- Western District of North Carolina, U.S. District Court
- U.S. Supreme Court
- Counsel for the N.C. Licensing Board for General Contractors, N.C. Board of Nursing, N.C. Social Work Certification and Licensure Board, N.C. Landscape Contractors’ Licensing Board and N.C. Onsite Wastewater Contractor Inspector Certification Board
- Represents clients before numerous occupational / professional licensing boards including N.C. Real Estate Commission, N.C. Board of Pharmacy, N.C. Medical Board, and N.C. Board of Plumbing, Heating and Fire Sprinkler Contractors.
- Represents child care centers before the N.C. Division of Child Development and and Early Education.
- Serves as independent hearing officer in personnel grievances filed by State employees.
- Tenth Judicial District Bar and Wake County Bar Association Board of Directors, Member, 2015-2018.
- N.C. Bar Association, Administrative Law Section member; Chair, 2013-2014.
- Campbell University Norman Adrian Wiggins School of Law Alumni Association, Chair, 2018-2020.
- N.C. Rules Review Commission, Commissioner, 2nd Vice Chair (current term expiring June 2021).
- Helene Foundation, Board Member, 2013-2019.
- Marbles Kids Museum, Board of Directors Member, 2007-2012.
- Junior League of Raleigh, Member, 1996-present. Past leadership positions include:
- Vice President of Training;
- Annual Fund Chair;
- Government Relations and Public Affairs Chair;
- Training Chair; and
- Membership Development Chair.
- N.C. Society Daughters of the American Revolution, State Parliamentarian, 2009-2015; State Recording Secretary, 2015-2018; State Vice Regent, 2018-2021.
- Wake County Courthouse KidsCenter, Board of Directors Member and Board Secretary, 2000-2004.
- Wake County Commission for Women, Commissioner, 2002-2003.
- Capital City Clauses, Board of Directors and Board Treasurer, 1999-2001.
CV, BV and AV are registered certification marks of Reed Elsevier Properties Inc., used in accordance with the Martindale-Hubbell® certification procedure’s standards and policies.
Anna Baird Choi is a native of Raleigh. She graduated from the University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill with degrees in Economics and Political Science in 1990 and earned her law degree from Campbell University in 1994. Her practice focuses on administrative law / regulatory law. She served as the first law clerk at the N.C. Office of Administrative Hearings (1994-1997) and as Assistant Attorney General in the N.C. Department of Justice (1997-2000).
Since 2002, Ms. Choi has served as counsel to the N.C. Licensing Board for General Contractors. She advises the General Contractor’s Board and eight other occupational / professional licensing boards, advising on all matters including licensing, minimum qualifications, rulemaking, disciplinary actions, and personnel issues. Additionally, she represents individuals and businesses before other N.C. licensing boards and agencies. Representative professions and businesses include: real estate brokers, plumbers, psychologists, licensed professional counselors, pharmacists, retail pharmacies, and licensed child care facilities. Ms. Choi is the former Chair for the Administrative Law Section of the N.C. Bar Association and remains involved in many aspects of administrative / regulatory law.