Leah M. Hermiller, Associate
- Wake Forest University School of Law, J.D., 2014
- Virginia Tech, B.A. magna cum laude, 2011
- North Carolina
- Eastern, Middle and Western Districts, U.S. District Court
- Litigated over 40 bench trials
- Litigated employment cases involving non-compete, non-solicitation, and non-disclosure covenants
- Litigated commercial cases involving Unfair Trade Practice claims, breach of fiduciary claims, and breach of contract claims
- Committee Chair, North Carolina Bar Association YLD
- Committee Chair, Wake County Bar Association YLD
- Secretary, Wake Women Attorneys (Chapter of the North Carolina Association of Women Attorneys)
- Secretary, Military and Veterans’ Resource Coalition
- Owner, Lilybird Flowers, LLC
- Special Olympics Volunteer
Leah Hermiller is a dynamic attorney with a proven track record of courtroom performance. She has litigated over 40 district and superior court trials, winning all but three. Leah has represented individuals, local governments, and businesses in employment and business-related disputes. Her experience includes representing an international company in an employee departure lawsuit, regional bank executives in a termination lawsuit, and company managers in a breach of contract and breach of fiduciary duty lawsuit. Leah’s practice focuses on employment law, administrative law, and civil litigation.
Leah is known for her work ethic and professionalism. She has been featured in Attorney at Law Magazine for her service to the community and recognized by Business Magazine of North Carolina as a "Legal Elite." In 2017, Leah was one of only sixteen lawyers inducted into the North Carolina Bar Association’s Leadership Academy Class. Currently, Leah serves as committee chair for the North Carolina Bar Association YLD, Co-committee Chair for the Wake County Bar Association YLD, Board Member for the Wake Women Attorneys, and Secretary for the Military and Veterans’ Resource Coalition. Leah has presented on multiple topics to include, post-judgment collections, ethics, and professionalism. She also founded and co-owns Lilybird Flowers, LLC, a successful business that donates flowers to non-profits, nursing homes, and hospitals.
Leah was born and raised in Virginia. She attended the United States Military Academy from 2006 through 2010, when she was medically discharged due to soccer related injuries. She obtained her Bachelor of Arts degree in Political Science, magna cum laude, from Virginia Tech in 2011 and attended Wake Forest University School of Law where she received her Juris Doctor in 2014.