Anna Baird Choi, Partner
- Campbell University School of Law, J.D., 1994
- University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill, B.A., 1990
- North Carolina Bar
- Eastern District of North Carolina, U.S. District Court
- Western District of North Carolina, U.S. District Court
- U.S. Supreme Court
- Counsel for the N.C. Licensing Board for General Contractors, N.C. Board of Nursing, N.C. Social Work Certification and Licensure Board, N.C. Board of Examiners for Nursing Home Administrators, and N.C. Board of Funeral Services.
- Represents clients before numerous occupational/professional licensing boards including N.C. Real Estate Commission, N.C. Board of Pharmacy, N.C. Medical Board, and N.C. Board of Plumbing, Heating and Fire Sprinkler Contractors.
- Represents child care centers before the N.C. Division of Child Development.
- Serves as independent hearing officer in personnel grievances filed by State employees.
- Tenth Judicial District Bar and Wake County Bar Association Board of Directors, Member, 2015-present.
- N.C. Bar Association, Administrative Law Section Chair, 2013-2014.
- N.C. Rules Review Commission, Commissioner, 2012-2016.
- Helene Foundation, Board Member, 2013-present.
- Marbles Kids Museum, Board of Directors Member, 2007-2012.
- Junior League of Raleigh, Member, 1996-present. Past leadership positions include:
- Vice President of Training;
- Annual Fund Chair;
- Government Relations and Public Affairs Chair;
- Training Chair; and
- Membership Development Chair.
- N.C. Society Daughters of the American Revolution, State Parliamentarian, 2009-2015; State Recording Sectretary, 2015-present.
- Wake County Courthouse KidsCenter, Board of Directors Member and Board Secretary, 2000-2004.
- Wake County Commission for Women, Commissioner, 2002-2003.
- Capital City Clauses, Board of Directors and Board Treasurer, 1999-2001.
- Listed with Best Lawyers® as one of only 13 North Carolina lawyers in the Administrative Law practice area.
- Rated AV® by Martindale-Hubbell®.*
* CV, BV and AV are registered certification marks of Reed Elsevier Properties Inc., used in accordance with the Martindale-Hubbell® certification procedure’s standards and policies.
Anna Baird Choi is a native of Raleigh. She graduated from the University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill with degrees in Economics and Political Science in 1990 and earned her law degree from Campbell University in 1994. Her practice focuses on administrative law and regulatory law. She served as the first law clerk at the N.C. Office of Administrative Hearings (1994-1997) and as Assistant Attorney General in the N.C. Department of Justice (1997-2000).
Since 2002, Ms. Choi has served as counsel to the N.C. Licensing Board for General Contractors. She advises the General Contractor’s Board and eight other occupational licensing boards represented on all matters including licensing, minimum qualifications, rulemaking, disciplinary actions, and personnel issues. Additionally, she represents individuals and businesses before other N.C. licensing boards and agencies. Representative professions and businesses include: real estate brokers, plumbers, psychologists, licensed professional counselors, pharmacists, retail pharmacies, and licensed child care facilities. Ms. Choi is the former Chair for the Administrative Law Section of the N.C. Bar Association and remains involved in many aspects of administrative & regulatory law.